KayLynn G. Litton
KayLynn Litton regularly assists clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including acquisitions and divestitures, joint venture projects, corporate reorganizations, aboriginal consultation and general contractual matters. She also advises clients on a variety of energy-related issues relating to oil and gas leases, contested title issues, operational matters, rights of first refusal, farmouts and royalties. In addition, Ms. Litton provides assistance to clients relating to international operations and assets.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Calgary, 1996
B.A., University of North Dakota, 1988
- "Recent Judicial Developments of Interest to Oil and Gas Lawyers," 2008.
- "Consultation with Aboriginal Peoples: Impacts on the Petroleum Industry," 2003.
- "An Update on Alberta's Regulatory Framework," 1998.
- "Oil and Gas Law," Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen.
Rankings and recognitions
- McLeod & Company Prize in Real Estate Transactions, 1996
- Jessup International Law Moot: First Place Canadian National Round; Second Place International Finals, 1996
- Arneberg Scholarship for Excellence in the Study of Foreign Languages, 1987
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
- Instructor, Introduction to Rights of First Refusal (Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration, 1999 – 2007)
- Director and Officer, Canadian Petroleum Law Foundation