Dominic Stuttaford is a tax lawyer based in London. He specialises in the tax aspects of corporate finance and other finance transactions and structures, with a particular interest in the insurance and technology sectors. He trained at the practice and became a partner in 1999.
Dominic is a member of the Law Society International Tax Committee and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA). He is on the Editorial Committee of Practical Law for Companies (PLC).
Dominic’s experience includes mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, group restructurings, and acquisition and other finance structures.
Dominic has been recommended for some years in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 and has been described as “extremely bright”, with clients remarking that “he can be relied upon to come up with the right answers”.
Selected client work
Recent experience includes:
- advising HSBC both on its 2009 Rights Issue and on its ground-breaking SDRT litigation in relation to clearance services and ADRs.
- acting on the Orange and T-Mobile joint venture.
- acting for AXA on its disposal of the AXA UK life insurance business.
- acting for Iberia on its merger with British Airways.
- acting for Vodafone on its acquisition of Ghana Telecom.
- advising multi-nationals such as AXA, AIG, Chartis and G4S.