‘This firm's international expansion has been noted by market sources, who are quick to praise the team for being “technically proficient, commercially minded and good negotiators.” The team is recognised for the depth of its knowledge across several key sectors, including energy, financial services and technology.’
Chambers UK, 2013
Our London tax team specialises in all areas of commercial taxation and advises on transactions spanning a wide range of industries. As part of the global tax group, we operate across Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa and Latin America; the geographical spread of our team enables us to provide a uniquely global tax service to our clients, and to advise on tax issues which arise in the different jurisdictions in which our clients do business.
We provide a full service for all corporate, finance and property transactions. We ally this with our strong sector focus, which differentiates us from other tax groups. Our tax lawyers are not just rated for their tax skills, but for their industry knowledge. Clients include major corporates, banks, and other financial institutions. Our client base also includes a wide range of domestic and international property clients together with key players in the retail and investment industry sectors.
- A timely and expert service.
- Truly commercial tax advice.
- Creativity in finding solutions.
- Knowledge of fiscal authorities’ approach.
Our areas of work include:
- asset finance
- corporate finance
- investment funds
- Islamic finance
- real estate
- capital markets and financial instruments
- energy taxation
- tax dispute resolution.
Our recent work:
- Advising BP Plc on the sale of its LPG bottle and tank filling business in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, South Africa, Poland, Turkey, Austria and China.
- Advising Delta Airlines on its £360m acquisition of a 49 per cent stake in Virgin Atlantic Airlines from Singapore Airlines.
- Advising Lloyds Banking Group on the disposal of its European rail operating lease business to Macquarie.
- Advising the joint venture purchasers on the 3400m+ purchase of Battersea Power Station.