‘Norton Rose offer clients a comprehensive real estate practice, and the team can draw upon a considerable international network. Clients appreciate the firm's strong client-service ethic: “We always entrusted urgent and intricate matters to Norton Rose knowing that the job would get well done, and on time.”’
Chambers UK, 2013
Our UK real estate team is involved in some of the largest and most innovative development and investment transactions and infrastructure projects in the UK. Our multidisciplinary practice brings together broad sector expertise including banking, corporate, taxation, litigation, capital markets, environment, safety and planning, and construction.
Our focus on key industry sectors allows us to provide a truly expert and tailored service to clients working in the fields of financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
We act for clients on innovative development, regeneration and property finance transactions and projects, including joint ventures, leasing structures and outsourcing. As the market leader in Islamic finance, we have extensive experience of real estate work using Islamic financing techniques and are advisers to the UK Government on Islamic financing. We also have a leading investment practice and can advise on structuring, property funds and financing, in addition to property management.
Our UK team is an integral part of our global real estate practice, working on both domestic and cross-border real estate projects throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Central Asia.
- Advice on all aspects of commercial property transactions
- Help on every stage of a project
- Specialist knowledge in funds, PFI and PPP projects, property financing, taxation and Islamic finance
Our areas of work include:
- real estate investment
- real estate development
- real estate finance (including Islamic finance)
- real estate equity and debt capital markets
- tenants and occupiers
- real estate litigation
- urban regeneration
Our recent work includes:
- Acting for a consortium comprising SP Setia Berhad, Sime Darby Berhad and the Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia, on the £400 million purchase and financing of the iconic Battersea Power Station in London
- Advising DP World on London Gateway – its new 3.5 million TEU container port alongside Europe’s largest logistics park
- Advising a syndicate of Middle Eastern banks led by ABC International Bank plc in relation to a senior Shariah compliant facility to King’s Reach Estates Limited, a joint venture between London developer CIT and Jadwa Investment for the redevelopment and refurbishment of the King’s Reach Tower in Southwark, London
- Continuing to advise The Crown Estate on the development of its Round 3 offshore wind farm estates
- Advising on over £2 billion Central London investment transactions involving one or more international parties
- Acting for debut investors in Central London real estate from Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden
- Advising on over £1 billion of real estate debt financings and refinancings
- Advising on the sale of over £1.3 billion of real estate loans
More information about our global real estate practice