Banking and finance
‘Cross-border transactions are a particular specialism, with Africa a key growth market for the team…Commentators praise the firm as "absolutely superb, helpful, commercial, a delight and a pleasure to work with," and appreciate that “when something goes wrong they are great at picking things up.”’
Chambers UK, 2013
Our London banking and finance team maintains a leading reputation for complex, cross-border transactions for the world’s most prominent financial institutions. As part of our global banking and finance group, we excel in a number of jurisdictions, delivering commercially focused, seamless advice across Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We have one of the longest histories of any legal practice in the banking and finance field, advising a number of major banks, finance providers, export credit agencies (ECAs) and other participants in the global banking and finance arena, as well as corporate and sovereign entities.
Our banking and finance team offers particular expertise in our key industries: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining & commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- Experience of advising all ten of the world’s largest banks by revenue; we are on the panel of more than 60 major financial institutions around the world and act for the biggest development banks in the world’s fastest emerging markets.
- The benefit of working with a multidisciplinary international legal practice; we can draw upon the expertise of our global lawyers in the fields of corporate, litigation and dispute resolution, tax, capital markets, and other practice areas, to provide a full-service approach to each finance matter.
Our areas of work include:
- acquisition finance
- asset based lending
- asset finance
- banking regulatory
- capital markets
- corporate lending
- dispute resolution
- Islamic finance
- project finance
- real estate finance
- restructuring and insolvency
- telecoms finance
- trade commodity and export finance
Awards and accolades
- Legal House of the year - Global Transport Finance 2012, 2011 and 2010
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year - Airline Economics 2012
- Best Commodity/Trade Finance Law Firm, 2012 and 2011- Trade Finance Awards for Excellence
- Energy and Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year, 2012 -Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards Law Poll
- European Biomass Deal of the Year 2012 - Project Finance magazine
More information on our global banking and finance practice