Antitrust, competition and regulatory
“This group is an acknowledged presence in the London marketplace, neatly combining an array of contentious and non-contentious expertise into one team. It has continued to be successfully involved in a range of high-profile matters.”
Chambers UK, 2013
In an increasingly regulated age, your business requires a practice with expertise across all areas of competition and antitrust work. As part of our global competition team, we offer an integrated and expert service to the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, and Latin America.
Our London team of specialist competition lawyers provides the full range of antitrust services to clients from our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences. Our services are regularly depended on by a range of prominent clients, for both big-ticket merger control work and non-transactional matters including competition litigation.
With in-house experience of governments and competition authorities across the globe, we maintain an expert understanding of local, EU and international competition regulation and offer our clients a uniquely in-depth service. We also act as regular counsel to a number of ministries and regulatory bodies throughout the globe, strengthening our relationships with the world’s key stakeholders in competition law.
Our areas of work include:
- cartel investigations
- competition compliance
- competition litigation
- market investigations
- mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- public procurement
- state aid
- utilities and sector regulation
- WTO and international trade
Our recent work
- Representing Asda in its appeal against the OFT’s decision in the UK tobacco pricing case - achieving an order that the adverse decision and £14 million fine be quashed.
- Advising PricewaterhouseCoopers on the UK Competition Commission sector inquiry into audit services.
- Advising G4S plc in the UK on the £5.2 billion acquisition of ISS.
- Representing FLS Plast A/S in its appeal against the European Commission's Article 101 decision in relation to the “Industrial bags” cartel.
Awards and accolades
- Competition/Regulatory Team of the Year 2012, The Lawyer Awards
More information on our global antitrust, competition and regulatory practice