Norton Rose named Energy and Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year
28 May 2012
International legal practice Norton Rose Group has been named Energy and Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year in the Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards Law Poll 2012.
IFN is a leading publication for the Islamic finance market and the IFN Awards Polls recognise the best providers of Islamic financial services across a series of markets and sectors. The awards are voted for by IFN readers around the world, including in-house counsel, issuers and investors active in Islamic finance.
The poll has also recognised the following Norton Rose Group lawyers for their expertise in Shariah compliant finance across a number of practice areas, illustrating the practice’s strengths in all areas of Islamic finance:
- Shatha Ali, senior associate, London - Cross border; Structured finance
- Davide Barzilai, partner, Hong Kong - Private Equity; Cross border; Offshore finance; Project and infrastructure finance
- Farmida Bi, partner, London - Corporate and commercial; Structured finance; Project and infrastructure finance
- John Challoner, partner, London - Tax
- Susan Dingwall, partner, London - Takaful and Re-Takaful
- Zein El Hassan, partner, Sydney - Asset and fund management; Banking and capital markets; Cross border; Offshore finance; Structured finance; Takaful and Re-Takaful
- Emma Giddings, partner, Abu Dhabi - Energy and natural resources
- Ferzana Haq, of counsel, Singapore - Asset and fund management
- Roger Heward, partner, London - Cross border
- Ahmet Kalafat, senior associate, Dubai - Banking and capital markets; Corporate and commercial; Structured finance; Project and infrastructure finance
- Mohammed Paracha, partner, Dubai - Asset and fund management; Real estate and property
- Jeff Smith, partner, Singapore - Energy and natural resources
- James Stonebridge, partner, London - Insolvency and restructuring
- Harry Theochari, partner, London - Banking and capital markets.
The awards follow Norton Rose Group’s recent success at the Islamic Finance News awards in March, where the practice was recognised for its work on three award winning transactions:
- Corporate finance deal of the year: Emaar Malls Financing
- Trade finance deal of the year: PT Natrindo Telepon Selular (Axis Indonesia) Financing
- Indonesia deal of the year: Perusahaan Penerbit SBSN Indonesia II US$1 billion Trust Certificate Issuance.
For further information please contact:
Amelia Snare, marketing and communications manager, Middle East
Tel: +971 (0)4 369 6300
Norton Rose Group is a leading international legal practice. We offer a full business law service to many of the world’s pre-eminent financial institutions and corporations from offices in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia. Knowing how our clients’ businesses work and understanding what drives their industries is fundamental to us. Our lawyers share industry knowledge and sector expertise across borders, enabling us to support our clients anywhere in the world. We are strong in financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
We have more than 2900 lawyers operating from 43 offices in Abu Dhabi, Almaty, Amsterdam, Athens, Bahrain, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogotá, Brisbane, Brussels, Calgary, Canberra, Cape Town, Caracas, Casablanca, Dubai, Durban, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, London, Melbourne, Milan, Montréal, Moscow, Munich, Ottawa, Paris, Perth, Piraeus, Prague, Québec, Rome, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Warsaw; and from associate offices in Dar es Salaam, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta.
Norton Rose Group comprises Norton Rose LLP, Norton Rose Australia, Norton Rose Canada LLP, Norton Rose South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc), and their respective affiliates.