The Nordic region is a major shipping region. Companies such as Maersk, Stena, Wilhelmsen, Wallenius and Frontline are all based or have their origin here. The region is also home to a number of financial institutions active in the transport sector: Nordea, DnB NOR, Den Danske Bank, Danmarks Skibskredit, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken and others. Our relationships with these financiers are strong, as with marine insurers and P&I clubs (The Swedish Club and Gard and Skuld among others). Our long relationship with Stena illustrates the range and depth of our experience. The scale of our transport group also sets us apart.
We advise on
- tax, finance and leasing structures
- litigation and dispute resolution
- M&A, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- chartering and the acquisition of sea routes
- insolvency and restructurings
- equity funding issues
- regulatory issues and risk management.