Our telecoms team is expert in Thai telecommunications law, advising prominent industry clients on the full range of telecoms issues throughout Thailand and Asia Pacific.
Having focused on technology and telecommunications as a key industry sector for the firm, we understand the implications of today’s global market and the difficulties raised by this converging sector. We provide a full-service approach to all of our industry clients, advising them on a broad range of regulatory and corporate matters specific to the telecoms sector and assisting them in maximising opportunities locally and abroad as well as mitigating any risks.
We work closely with our colleagues throughout Asia and abroad to deliver seamless advice on cross-border telecoms projects throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Our areas of work include:
- capital markets
- international corporate rescue
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions
- telecoms financing (project financing, export credit financing)
- telecoms regulation
Our recent work:
- Advising Bangkok Bank and others as standby letter of credit provider in the restructuring of the debt of Telecom Asia Thailand
- Advising Axiata Group Berhad (Axiata) on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Samart Cambodia Communication Company Limited in Cambodia and Thailand
- Advising Total Access Communication Company Limited, on its acquisition of (i) THB 30 billion (approximately US$1 billion) unsecured credit facilities from Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited and (ii) a THB 10 billion (approximately US$330 million) unsecured term loan from a club of Japanese banks
- Advising True Corporation Public Company Limited on its US$200million acquisition of Hutchison’s mobile telecommunications companies in Thailand
- Advising Orange SA on the sale of a 39 per cent stake in TA Orange Company Limited to its joint venture partner True Corporation PCL. The deal was complex and involved amendments to a number of existing contractual arrangements
More information on our global technology and innovation practice