Mergers and acquisitions
“Norton Rose's Thailand team is one of the best I've worked with. They provide unmatched local expertise, with the ability to relate to foreigners and help them understand local situations… Commenting on the team's cross border abilities”, the same client adds: “Our transaction was entirely cross-border…and Norton Rose was able to coordinate with their teams abroad. Additionally, we had no experience in Thailand, and Norton Rose was able to put things in context and help us get up to speed on how things work in the country.”
Our specialist corporate lawyers provide advice on the full range of M&A issues throughout Thailand and Asia Pacific, working closely with our pan-Asian offices to provide integrated and commercially-minded advice on a wide range of corporate transactions.
Working for a number of prominent corporations and financial institutions, our Thai M&A lawyers are experienced in both local and cross-border work, providing local corporate law advice on multi-jurisdictional deals throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We work across all sectors with a particular focus on our key industries: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences. This emphasis on our global strengths enables us to give cutting edge legal advice in a commercial context for a range of clients from international corporates to the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our areas of work include:
- financing M&A
- joint ventures
- merger control
Our recent work:
- Advising HSBC on the sale of its retail banking and wealth management business in Thailand to Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited (BAY)
- Advising True Corporation Public Company Limited on its acquisition of Hutchison’s mobile telecommunications companies in Thailand
- Advising PTT Aromatics and Refining Public Company Limited on its proposed amalgamation with PTT Chemical Public Company Limited
- Advising Banpu Minerals (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of the Stock Exchange of Thailand listed Banpu Public Company Limited, in the offer to acquire 80.1 per cent in Centennial Coal Company Limited, a company listed on the Australia Stock Exchange, with a total offer value of A$2.5 billion
- Advising Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited on the THB9.8 billion shares acquisition in various companies in GE Money Thailand from General Electric Capital Corporation and GE Capital International Holdings Corporation
- Advising Nestlé on the selling of assets to the Fraser & Neave Group for approximately US$76 million
- Advising Siemens AG on its US$650 million successful joint venture tender to build the new 28 kilometre airport rail link between downtown Bangkok and the new Suvarnabhumi Airport
More information on our global mergers and acquisitions practice