Banking and finance
‘Clients recommend the firm for distressed and high yield lending. “It was an excellent experience,” says another, “Norton Rose had a good command of the subject matter – infrastructure financing – and was always responsive and efficient in managing the due diligence process and document negotiations.”…The team is also praised for its depth’
Our Thailand banking and finance team is well known within the market for its ability to advise on the entire spectrum of Thai banking law in a commercial and pragmatic way.
Based in Bangkok, our dedicated banking and finance lawyers advise transactions at the local, regional and international level, working closely with our local corporate team and our banking and finance teams throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We have deep knowledge and experience across our key industry sectors and regularly advise major commercial and investment banks and international corporations active in: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences. We are also known market leaders for renewables projects including biomass, wind farms and solar farms.
Our areas of work include:
- acquisition finance
- restructuring and insolvency
- distressed asset/debt acquisition
- project finance
Our recent work:
- Advising Total Access Communication Company Limited, on its acquisition of (i) THB 30 billion (approximately US$1 billion) unsecured credit facilities from Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited and (ii) a THB 10 billion (approximately US$330 million) unsecured term loan from a club of Japanese banks
- Advising Woori Bank, the issuer, on the issue of three series of Thai Baht debentures with a total value of THB 5 billion
- Advising HSBC on the sale of its retail banking and wealth management business in Thailand to Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited (BAY)
- Advising Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, KASIKORNBANK Public Company Limited and CIMB Thai Bank Public Company Limited on the establishment of a new Guaranteed Baht Debentures Programme of Toyota Leasing (Thailand) Company Limited (“TLT”) and the issue of THB4 billion debentures of TLT guaranteed by Toyota Motor Finance (Netherland) B.V. under Dutch law
- Advising GE Capital (Thailand) Limited on the sale and leased-back of printing equipment with Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited, a major publishing company in Thailand
- Advising Tata Steel (Thailand) Public Company Limited, a Thai subsidiary of Tata Steel Limited (India), on a receivable purchase facility arranged by Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited
More information on our global banking and finance practice