‘The group's broad-based practice encompasses acquisition and commodities finance… Sources say: “They're a significant presence – probably the largest international firm in Singapore.” “They have experts in the field, global resources and a flexible, holistic approach to relationships.”’
Chambers Asia, 2012
Our Singapore acquisition and leveraged finance team includes experts in private equity, restructuring and securitisation. We work with banks and other debt providers, underlying corporate borrowers and private equity sponsors, to structure and document the full range of acquisition and leveraged finance products throughout Singapore and Asia Pacific.
We have particular expertise across our key industry sectors, providing specialist and tailored advice to financial institutions and prominent corporations active in: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
We work alongside our global acquisition finance colleagues to provide integrated advice on complex financings and transactions throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Our areas of work include:
- bid financings
- investment grade financings
- leveraged buy-outs
- mezzanine financings
Our recent work:
- Advising ANZ and HSBC on Wilmar International Limited’s acquisition of Sucrogen Ltd
- Advising United Overseas Bank (UOB) and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC) as programme coordinators to a US$2 billion loan debt programme to PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure
- Advising Aditya Birla Group in connection with the US$165 million acquisition financing of Domsjo Fabriker and its subsidiaries
- Advised the mandated lead arrangers Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Limited, DBS Bank Ltd., Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited and United Overseas Bank Limited on a US$166.5 million and US$158.5 million (IDR equivalent) senior facility for the acquisition of approximately 2,500 telecommunication towers from PT Indosat Tbk. (Indosat) by the Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk (TBI). As part of a US$519 million tower deal, TBI will lease back the towers to Indosat and Indosat will own at least a 5 per cent stake in TBI
More information on our global acquisition finance practice