Technology and innovation
Our Moscow technology and innovation team advises a number of prominent clients active in the sector on the full range of legal issues particular to the industry. Working as part of our global technology and innovation group, we can advise on both local and cross-border transactions and disputes, alongside our expert technology lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
As a core focus for our practice, we have developed deep industry expertise in technology and innovation, with experience across information technology, e-commerce, media, telecommunications and market reputation issues.
Working alongside our local experts in corporate, litigation and dispute resolution, intellectual property, and other practice areas, we can provide our clients with the full legal service required to do business in the Russian technology market.
Our areas of work include:
- competition/antitrust issues
- intellectual property and rights
- litigation and dispute resolution
- M&A and joint ventures
- outsourcing and facilities management
- software and systems procurement
Our recent work:
- Advising RUSNANO, Russian state owned investment fund, on the setting up of a number of joint ventures and transfer of IP rights.
- Advising RUSNANO on its investment in Dutch nanotechnology company Mapper Lithography, which develops and produces innovative lithography machines for the production of the electronic chips used in smartphones and cars for the purpose of developing new machines and establishing a production facility in Russia.
- Advising Altra Holdings Inc., a leading global designer, producer and marketer of electromechanical power transmission products, on the Russian aspects of its acquisition of the Danfoss Bauer gearmotor business.
More information on our global technology and innovation practice