Our Moscow tax team offers general Russian tax advice to corporations and financial institutions throughout the region. Acting as part of our global tax team, we can also draw upon the experience of our tax lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We also advise non-resident individuals and corporations on tax issues in connection with their Russian businesses and investments, and on the structuring of the ownership and control of such entities. Our comprehensive approach to tax planning is both practical and creative, taking into account the tax laws and policies in the country of investment for optimal tax benefit.
- A comprehensive and practical approach to tax planning that takes into account the tax laws and policies in the country of investment for optimal tax benefit.
- Particular expertise across the following key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities and transport.
- The benefit of working with a full-service international legal practice; we work closely with our colleagues throughout: corporate; litigation and dispute resolution; banking and finance; among other practice areas.
Our areas of work include:
- customs duty issues and customs clearance
- personal income taxation
- mineral extraction tax
- tax planning
- tax structures for cross-border financing facilities
- unified social tax
- VAT and profits tax
More information on our global tax practice