Real estate and construction
‘Sources say: “Flexible and responsive.”’
Chambers Europe 2012
Our Russian real estate team has more than 20 years’ experience in real estate and offers full support to any type of real estate projects anywhere in the Russian Federation. Working as part of our global real estate group, we advise on cross-border real estate transactions and financings, drawing on the expertise of our dedicated lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Our strength in real estate has won us a reputation for effective, pragmatic handling of high profile, complex, transactions in the real estate sector. As part of a full-service legal practice, we also offer a holistic service to all of our clients, bringing in where necessary the expertise of our lawyers in the fields of: corporate, banking and finance; litigation and dispute resolution; tax; among others.
Our areas of work include:
- title investigation (including zoning and other town planning due diligence)
- acquisition and disposal of rights to real estate
- M&A in the real estate sector
- real estate financing
- commercial use of real estate (including commercial leasing of offices and shopping and leisure centres, hotel management, operation of industrial enterprises, logistic and dealers centres, and infrastructure)
- construction in different industry sectors (including infrastructure, energy, oil and gas)
- all forms of contracts, including the FIDIC suite of the agreements and the Russian standards
- dispute resolution
- permit and authorisation requirements.
Our recent work:
- Advising INTER RAO UES on the construction of Baltic nuclear power plant.
- Advising StroyGazMontazh on the construction of the sea section of the Dzhubga- Lazarevskoe-Sochi gas pipeline, including drafting and negoting EPC contracts.
- Advising IRC Limited in relation to the construction of an iron ore concentration plant in Far East Russia, including drafting and negotiating the EPC contract.
- Advising Strabag SE on the first stage of its acquisition of a 26 per cent stake in leading Russian road construction group Transstroy.
- Advising Krasny Selo Developments PLC on the design and construction of a multi-purpose automobile dealership centre on the extended southwest territories of Moscow, which were annexed in July 2012.
More information on our global real estate and construction practices