Pharmaceuticals and life sciences
Our Moscow pharmaceuticals and life sciences team works as part of our global pharmaceutical and life sciences group to deliver integrated advice on the full range of industry matters throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
The life sciences industry is a growth area for our Russian practice as the pharmaceutical market continues to grow in the region. We advise a selection of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, bioscience and medical device companies as well as venture capitalists, angel investors, financial institutions, universities, research centres and hospitals.
We can draw on the expertise of our local multidisciplinary lawyers throughout corporate, intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, and banking and finance to deliver a full service to our life sciences clients.
Our areas of work include:
- asset finance
- competition / antitrust and tax disputes
- class actions and IP litigation
- exit strategies
- financing (including venture capital)
- M&A and joint venture
- patent strategies, patent mapping, ownership and transfer of IP
- pharmaceutical plants
- product liability cases
Our recent work:
- Advising Systagenix, a leading global supplier of advanced wound care solutions, on the acquisition from Johnson & Johnson of a medical products business in Russia and the wider region; and on the structuring of distributorship arrangements in Russia.
- Advising Akrikhin Pharmaceuticals on M&A transactions and debt financings.
- Advising ZAO Bayer on the closing of a restructuring procedure through the merger of ZAO Bayer CropScienсe with ZAO Bayer, as well as on lease agreements and other legal arrangements with a warehouse located in the Moscow region.
More information on our global pharmaceuticals and life sciences practice