Our Moscow intellectual property team provides the full range of legal services on various matters relating to intellectual property rights in Russia. Working as part of our global intellectual property group, we can draw upon the expertise of our international intellectual property lawyers to deliver integrated advice on complex cross-border IP issues throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We work closely with our local multidisciplinary teams in corporate, banking and finance, technology and innovation, litigation and dispute resolution, and other practice areas, to deliver a holistic service to a range of prominent corporations throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Our areas of work include:
- acquisition and use of rights
- commercialisation (including transfer and licensing of intellectual property rights, franchising, information technology, sale and distribution agreements)
- dispute resolution
- intellectual property protection
- transactional support
Our recent work:
- Advising RUSNANO, a Russian state owned investment fund, on the setting up of a number of joint ventures and the transfer of intellectual property rights
- Advising a leading international hospitality company on business operations in Russia, including a licence and royalty agreement on non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to use Russian trademarks for appropriate hotel services
- Advising the world’s leading chemical producer on its ownership rights for the Russian invention patent, including analysis of potential risks challenging the ownership rights over this invention patent
- Advising a foreign investor working in the technology industry on the set of agreements dealing with the transfer of certain intellectual property rights (mainly PC programmes and trademarks), including alienation, licensing and sub-licensing agreements and advising on proper execution and confirmation of the cross-border transfer of intellectual property objects
More information on our global intellectual property practice