Our Moscow employment team advises a number of major domestic and international companies and governmental organisations on domestic and multi-jurisdictional employment and labour law. As part of our global employment group, we can work collaboratively with our international employment lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
With particular expertise across our key industry sectors, we combine our deep sector knowledge with an expert understanding of local and international employment laws to provide a reliable and well-rounded service to clients throughout the fields of: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Working closely with our Moscow colleagues, we can draw upon the experience of our local experts in corporate, litigation and dispute resolution, tax, and other practice areas, to provide a holistic service to all of our clients.
Our areas of work include:
- corporate governance and directors’ duties
- dealing with trade unions
- due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- employment contracts
- employment disputes
- restructuring of employment relations
- specifics of employment of foreign personnel
Our recent work:
- Advising a leading Russian chemical company on labour law aspects of the development of the corporate organisational structure of the group. This includes reviewing existing employment arrangements covered by employment agreements and job descriptions, drafting employment agreements and job descriptions for the current and new employees, reviewing provisions of them in course of Russian employment legislation, drafting employment agreements and job descriptions specifying and envisaging requirements established by Russian employment legislation and objectives set by the client
- Advising the Embassy of Japan on respective Russian employment legislation regarding the material responsibility of the employees of the Embassy
- Advising a leading international oil service company on a range of various employment issues, including conclusion or termination of employment contracts, considering grounds for termination of employment and dismissal of employees, admission to work, preparing internal policies documents, advice on social insurance of employees and other guarantees, on transfer of personnel, providing comments on specifics of employment of foreign employees and all relevant migration issues, including obtaining of work permits and work visas
More information on our global employment practice