“Norton Rose (Central Europe) LLP has experience of IPOs and listings, and a strong track record acting for issuers on equity and debt fundraising involving overseas holding companies of Russian businesses.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2012
Our Moscow capital markets team represents issuers, managers and other transactional parties on a broad range of equity, debt and quasi-equity capital markets transactions. We assist numerous Russian and CIS companies on domestic and cross-border transactions, working closely with our specialist capital markets lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We provide a full-service approach to all transactions, drawing upon the expertise of our local lawyers in the fields of corporate, banking and finance, tax, and other practice areas, and have developed particular expertise in advising clients from the following key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities and transport.
Our areas of work include:
- IPOs and establishment of ADR and GDR programmes
- listings (including dual and secondary) on the world's leading stock exchanges, including London, Hong Kong, Sydney, New York, Frankfurt, Singapore and Warsaw
- pre-issuance (including corporate restructuring, corporate governance and adapting corporate management systems in line with the requirements of international capital markets)
- private equity placements
- regulatory compliance (including with the Russian Federal Service for Financial Markets)
- secondary offerings (including rights issues, placings and open offers)
- US corporate finance (including SEC-registered, Rule 144A, Regulation S issues and private placements into the US)
- debt offerings (including Russian rouble denominated bond offerings, Eurobonds, and high yield debt as well as standalone offerings)
- establishment of MTN Programmes
- exchangeable or convertible bonds and other equity-linked offerings
Our recent work:
- Advising Bayfield Energy Holdings PLC, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the Caribbean and South Africa, as issuer in the placing of ordinary shares and admission to trading on AIM
- Advising Tigers Realm Coal Ltd, an Australian based coal explorer developing the Amaam Coking Coal Project in Russia’s Far East, on its A$37.5 million initial public offering and listing on the Australian Stock Exchange
- Advising ShalkiyaZinc N.V. operating in southern Kazakhstan on a US$50 million rescue share issuance to SAT & Company, and a recommended mandatory cash offer by SAT & Company J.S.C. to acquire the entire issued and to be issued share capital of ShalkiyaZinc N.V. not already owned by SAT & Company J.S.C.
- Advising Petrolinvest on the acquisition of three oil companies in Russia. We provided extensive legal advice on matters related to the issuance of an IPO and SPO
More information on our global capital markets practice