Energy and infrastructure
“This outstanding group goes up in the rankings in recognition of its presence on prominent mandates and consistently excellent performance. The highly specialised seven-lawyer team handles the full range of energy matters, and draws upon the expertise of the finance and M&A teams when transactional support is required.”
Chambers Europe 2012
Our Warsaw energy team is acknowledged as a practice in the Polish energy sector. We advise a number of prominent utilities companies, sponsors, developers, banks and other lenders on the full range of energy and infrastructure products and transactions.
As part of our global energy practice, we can draw upon the expertise of our energy lawyers based throughout the world to provide integrated advice on complex cross-border projects throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Working alongside our local colleagues in corporate and banking and finance, we offer a complete service to all participants in the energy sector, including those active in: oil and gas, renewables, power, electricity and waste management.
Our areas of work include:
- contractual issues
- energy regulation
- energy trading
- power generation new built
- project finance
- waste to energy
Our recent work:
- Advising on all legal aspects of preparation for sale and of the sale transactions of all Vattenfall Polish businesses - GZE (electricity retail sales and distribution plus a wind farm) and VHP (the largest European CHP (combined heat and power) company)
- Advising Impax on all legal aspects of its acquisition of Eolia's portfolio of wind energy projects in France and Poland, with a combined wind farm capacity of 100MW. We are also advising Impax on many other wind project acquisitions in Poland
- Advising RP Global on the creation of a JV with the Marguerite Infrastructure Fund for the financing of the Tychowo and Kukinia wind farms, with a total capacity of more than 100MW
- Advising the Tauron group on compliance with EU Regulation No 1227/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency
- Advising Bankia, Unicredit and EBRD on the financing of a 32 MW wind project. Work involved due diligence, advising on the implementation of alterations to the project and drafting all the finance documents
More information on our global energy practice