“This team is valued for its high-quality advice and expertise.”
Chambers Europe 2012
Our Warsaw banking team advises international and domestic financial institutions and major multinational and domestic corporations on a variety of financial transactions. As part of the global banking and finance group, we regularly work with our banking lawyers on cross border and regional financings throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We offer a complete service to all of our clients, drawing upon the expertise of our local lawyers in corporate, energy and infrastructure, and real estate and construction, to provide integrated advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Our areas of work include:
- acquisition finance
- asset finance
- banking and regulatory matters
- debt instruments (including repackagings)
- debt restructuring
- equity and equity-linked offerings
- OTC and exchange traded derivatives transactions
- project finance
- secured and unsecured lending and borrowing
- structured finance (including securitisations)
Our recent work:
- Advising Deutsche Bank AG, Crédit Agricole, Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A., Sociéte Générale and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on a EUR 4.6 billion leveraged buyout of Polkomtel S.A., a leading Polish mobile operator using a combination of bank facilities and various layers of High Yield notes. This was the biggest private sector financing to date in Poland
- Advising The Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC in relation to the USD 400 million monetisation of strategic crude oil reserves of PKN Orlen S.A.
- Advising RP Global in relation to PLN 579 million of Kukinia (54MW) and refinancing of Tychowo (50MW) wind farms
- Advising Export Development Canada (Canadian export credit agency) in relation to the financing of the leasing of a number Bombardier Q400 NextGen Aircraft for Eurolot S.A. (a local Polish airline and flight operator for LOT Polish Airlines)
More information on our global banking and finance practice