David Lemieux specializes in the area of corporate financing and restructuring.
He regularly represents lending syndicates, borrowers and investors in the areas of project financing, public and private takeover bids, asset acquisitions, monetization, securitization, structured finance and debt restructuring, whether the financing is Canadian, cross-border or foreign. In this capacity, he organizes and leads teams of lawyers in order to close these transactions.
He is involved in negotiating, preparing and finalizing all aspects of these transactions, including corporate structuring, credit documentation, agreements between creditors, security documents and the restructuring of debt.
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1993
LL.M., University of Cambridge, 1992
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1991
Selected client work
Mr. Lemieux has acted for the following clients:
- Lending syndicate in the $650 million financing of Cogeco Cable Inc. to finance the public take-over of Peer 1 Network Enterprises, Inc.
- Lending syndicate in the US$250 million financing of 5N Plus Inc. and the acquisition of MCP Group S.A.
- Investors is a private placement of US$260 million of senior secured notes of Gaz Metro Inc.
- Lending syndicate in the $200 million financing of Valener Inc.
- Lending syndicate in the $600 million financing of Gaz Metro Inc.
- Lending syndicate in the $950 million financing of RONA
- “Funding renewable energy projects: specific challenges and tax aspects,” Conférence avancée sur l'accès au financement des entreprises, Montreal, September 21, 2011.
- “Sponsor Panel - Risk and Reward: How do Quebec projects compare with other PPP investments?” Quebec PPP & Infrastructure Finance Forum, Montreal, April 18, 2008.
- “Négociation des ententes de financement, de prêt et de crédit,” Montreal, May 22, 2007.
Rankings and recognitions
- Canadian LEXPERT Directory: repeatedly recommended in Banking & Financial Institutions
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar of Montreal