Meredith K. MacDonald
Meredith MacDonald practises in the area of business law, with a focus on technology enterprises and intellectual property.
During her law studies she completed an internship with the federal Department of Justice in the human rights law section as well as an internship in the Electronic Commerce Branch of Industry Canada.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2010
B.B.A., St. Francis Xavier University, 2007
- “Canada’s Detainee Transfers in Afghanistan, An Overview of Potential Legal Implications for Canadian Officials” (co-author), submitted to the House of Commons Special Committee on the Canadian Mission in Afghanistan, April 2010.
- “There’s Not an App for that” (co-presenter), Brand Plus Seminar, August 2011.
Rankings and recognitions
- Dean’s Honours List, University of Ottawa, 2009-2010
- John E. Read Prize for the highest standing in the International Law course, 2009
- Dean’s Honours List, St. Francis Xavier University, 2004-2007
- University In Course Scholarships, St. Francis Xavier University, 2005 and 2006
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Rapporteur at the Canadian Council for International Law Annual Conference, 2009
- Volunteer Legal Researcher, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2008-2009