Kirk A. Litvenenko
Kirk Litvenenko practises in the areas of securities and corporate finance. He has advised clients in the structuring and implementation of mergers and acquisitions, recapitalization and reorganization transactions, and public and private offerings, including "start-up" venture financings, initial public offerings and private equity financings. Mr. Litvenenko also advises clients regarding applicable stock exchange requirements, corporate governance matters and continuous disclosure obligations. He is the corporate secretary of a number of public and private companies.
Mr. Litvenenko joined our Calgary office in 1999.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1998
B.A., University of Saskatchewan, 1997
Selected client work
Clients for whom Mr. Litvenenko has acted include:
- Charger Energy Corp. in connection with its $300 million strategic business combination with Pace Oil & Gas and AvenEx Energy to form Spyglass Resources Corp.
- Marquee Petroleum Ltd. in connection with its $40 million strategic business combination with SkyWest Energy Corp.
- Cequence Energy Ltd. in connection with the concurrently announced: (i) $225 million business combination with Temple Energy Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement; (ii) short-form prospectus offering of subscription receipts for proceeds of $44 million; (iii) private placement of flow-through shares for proceeds of $10 million; (iv) private placement of common shares to insiders for proceeds of $6 million; and (v) the securities law aspects of the $85 million acquisition of assets in the Deep Basin area of Alberta and $37 million disposition of properties in the Sinclair area
- Cequence Energy Ltd. in its $10 million related-party acquisition of HFG Holdings Inc.
- Cequence Energy Ltd. in connection with the recapitalization and reorganization of Sabretooth Energy Ltd. and a concurrent $46 million equity financing
- A U.S.-based pension fund's indirect $257 million acquisition of Tusk Energy Corporation
- Cyries Energy Inc. in connection with its $1 billion strategic business combination with Iteration Energy Ltd.
- Tricap Partners Ltd. in connection with its $67 million private equity investment in Insignia Energy Inc. and concurrent business combination transaction involving Flagship Energy Inc.
- Petrofund Energy Trust in connection with its $11 billion strategic business combination with Penn West Energy Trust
- Cequel Energy in connection with its $1.3 billion strategic business combination with Progress Energy to form Progress Energy Trust, Cyries Energy and ProEx Energy
Memberships and activities