Ramón Ignacio Andrade Monagas
Ramón Ignacio Andrade Monagas’ professional practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and entertainment law.
Mr. Andrade is the Latin American leader of our technology and innovation practice.
Before joining our Caracas office in May 2000, Mr. Andrade was President of Tecnotip, C.A., a prestigious nationwide graphic arts products distribution company. Prior to that he was an associate at another major law firm in Caracas and also a director of Seguros Banvalor, C.A. (a Venezuelan insurance company).
Year of call
Master's degree in financial and tax law, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 2003
J.D., Universidad Católica Andrés Bello,1995
M.B.A., Trium Global Executive MBA Program (New York University Stern School of Business, London School of Economics and Political Science and HEC School of Management Paris), 2009
- “Regulations to Venezuela’s Organic Law on Science, Technology and Innovation Governing Contributions and Investments are Finally Enacted” (co-author), Latin American Law and Business Report, October 31, 2006.
- “Regulations to Venezuela’s Organic Law on Science, Technology and Innovation Governing Contributions and Investments are Finally Enacted,” presentations to the Venezuelan Association of Chemical and Petrochemical Industries (ASSOQUIM), the Venezuelan Petroleum Chamber, the Venezuelan-German Chamber of Commerce (CAVENAL) and the Venezuelan-Colombian Chamber of Commerce (CAVECOL), November 2006.
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2013: Corporate/M&A (Foreign Experts)
- Chambers Latin America 2013 in the area of Corporate/M&A
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2012: Venezuela - Corporate/M&A, Corporate/M&A (Foreign experts); UK - Corporate/M&A (Experts based abroad)
- Miranda State Bar Association Medal for professional achievements, 2006
- Chambers and Partners, leading Corporate/M&A attorney in Venezuela and Latin America, 2008, 2009 and 2010 rankings
Memberships and activities
- Miranda State Bar Association
- Centre for the Communication of Knowledge in Economics (CEDICE), a Venezuelan think tank devoted to teaching and communicating free market ideas and principles