Hernán Rodríguez has participated in some of the most important hydrocarbon, mining and infrastructure projects in Colombia, including projects for ports, railways and oil refineries, and has been actively involved in mergers and acquisitions transactions, especially in the mining industry.
Mr. Rodríguez started his career with another reputable international law firm in Colombia in 1995 where he became a partner in 2008. He joined our Bogotá office in 2011.
LL.M. (Commercial and International Law), University of New South Wales, 2003
Communications Law Specialization, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2001
Law degree, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 1999
Selected client work
Mr. Rodríguez has acted as permanent counsel or counsel to the following clients:
- Mega Uranium Ltd. for the conduct of its mining activities in Colombia
- Anglo American Colombia Exploration S.A.
- U3O8 Corp.
- IAMGOLD Corporation
- Glencore International AG in the sale of its 51% interest in the Cartagena oil refinery, its acquisition of an interest of approximately 40% in FENOCO and in the joint venture with Anglogold Ashanti Colombia for copper exploration in Colombia
- Anglo American Colombia Exploration S.A. in the bidding process for the Acandí area
- C.I. Prodeco S.A. for environmental licences and port matters
Memberships and activities
- International Association of Young Lawyers
- Colegio de Abogados de Minas y Petróleos
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (RMMLF)