Paul Fitzgerald practises corporate and securities law. He handles a variety of matters, including asset and share purchases, public offerings, take-over bids, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Mr. Fitzgerald is Co-Chair of our corporate finance and securities team.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Windsor, 1996
B.Sc., University of Waterloo, 1991
Selected client work
Mr. Fitzgerald has recently acted for the following clients:
- Barrick Gold Corporation in connection with its $7.3-billion offer for Equinox Minerals Limited
- CHC Helicopter Corporation in connection with its $3.7-billion acquisition by an affiliate of a fund managed by First Reserve Corporation
- Petrochemical Industries Company (Kuwait) in connection with its joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company for the manufacture and sale of monoethylene glycol and diethylene glycol (EG)
- Diageo plc in connection with its acquisition of the Seagram spirits and wine business
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Shell Canada Limited in connection with the acquisition by Royal Dutch Shell plc of the minority interest in Shell Canada
- KFS Capital LLC and Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in connection with a partial take-over bid for 1,500,000 units of Kingsway Linked Return of Capital Trust at a price per Unit of $20 in cash
- Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in connection with a definitive purchase agreement to sell all of the issued and outstanding shares of Jevco Insurance Company to The Westaim Corporation
Memberships and activities