Pierre R. Dagenais
Pierre Dagenais practises corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He has acted as counsel in many merger and acquisition transactions, including take-over bids and statutory arrangements. Mr. Dagenais has also acted for public companies and underwriters in connection with many public offerings and has participated in numerous private placement transactions on behalf of issuers, underwriters and investors.
In his general corporate law practice, Mr. Dagenais advises Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations and corporate governance matters. He is qualified to practise both in Ontario and Alberta.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Alberta, 1998
B.A., University of Alberta, 1995
Selected client work
Mr. Dagenais has acted for the following clients:
- The underwriters in connection with the IPO of Hudson’s Bay Company
- Barrick Gold Corporation in connection with its $7.3-billion acquisition of Equinox Minerals Limited
- The underwriters in connection with the IPO of Bauer Performance Sports Ltd. and a number of follow-on offerings
- International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, in connection with a number of equity investments in Canadian and international mining and oil and gas companies
- Andlauer Management Group Inc. in connection with its cash insider bid for ATS Andlauer Income Fund
- CHC Helicopter Corporation in connection with the US$3.7-billion acquisition of CHC by First Reserve Corporation
- The underwriters in connection with a number of equity financings for Semafo Inc.
- Domtar Inc. in connection with its combination with Weyerhaeuser Company’s fine paper business and related assets
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011-2013: Corporate/M&A
- IFLR (International Financial Law Review) 1000 - The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms - Leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions, 2012-2013
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Law Society of Alberta