Sean Murphy is a corporate partner who focuses on the technology sector. He has experience of a broad range of international corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity buy-outs and venture capital financings.
Many of Sean’s clients are headquartered in North America and he has advised on wide range of transatlantic transactions. He is very familiar with the unique legal and practical issues that these transactions present. Sean’s North American clients include Cisco Systems, Oracle, NetScout Systems, the New York Stock Exchange, Kleiner Perkins and ValueAct Capital.
Selected client work
- Advising Cisco Systems on: (i) its $65 million acquisition of Protego Networks, a provider of security monitoring and threat management appliances; (ii) its $25 million acquisition of NetSift, a developer of software for detecting network attacks; (iii) its $450 million acquisition of Airespace, a wireless local area networking systems provider; (iv) its $235 million acquisition of Topspin Communications, a provider of server fabric switches; and (v) its investment in ip.access, the picocell and femtocell vendor.
- Advising Oracle on the acquisition of Advanced Visual Technologies Limited.
- Advising Symphony Technology Group on it £100m bid for Kewill plc.
- Advising Kleiner Perkins and Institutional Venture Partners on their investment in Shazam Entertainment, the online music recognition business.
- Advising NetScout Systems, Inc. on the acquisition of Psytechnics, a leading provider of performance management technology.
- Advising NYSE Technologies on the acquisition of Metabit, a leading Tokyo based provider of high performance market access products throughout Japan and Asia.
- Advising a leading IT services provider on its bid for SAIC’s oil and gas IT services business.
- Advising the shareholders of Q-go on its sale to RightNow Technologies, Inc.
- Advising ValueAct Capital on its £1.2 billion consortium bid with CVC Capital Partners for Misys Plc.