Pharmaceuticals and life sciences
Our Middle East life sciences team acts for a number of prominent pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients in the region, delivering high quality legal expertise and a highly commercial approach to doing business in this dynamic sector.
Recognising the importance of industry expertise and technical knowledge, we ensure that we are up to date with all regional regulatory and scientific advancements in the sector. Our advice is tailored to the needs of each client, and working closely with our multidisciplinary teams throughout the globe, we are able to provide the full range of legal capabilities on a cross-border basis throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, and Latin America.
We act for established and developing businesses in the pharmaceuticals and life sciences sector, advising on entry and maintaining market share within the Middle East. We also advise the venture capital and private equity firms that invest in the industry, working for a number of prominent clients in this space.
Our areas of work include:
- branding and advertising
- commercial agreements (relating to the acquisition, transfer or licensing of rights, including in-licences, research and development contracts, marketing, supply and distribution agreements)
- construction projects and financing arrangements
- fund raising
- intellectual property (particularly patents)
- mergers and acquisitions
- product liability risk management
- product recall
- product safety
- public offerings
Our recent work:
- Advising one of the largest pharmaceutical and personal care products companies in the region on the procurement of an IT system for its chain of retail stores in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a company specialising in in-licensing and marketing of innovative healthcare products to the rapidly growing emerging markets of Africa and the Middle East on licence agreements with international drug manufacturers and sub-distribution arrangements in various jurisdictions.
- Advising an Abu Dhabi medical devices company on confidentiality and patent licensing issues.
- Advising a GCC government in connection with the real estate aspects of the privatisation and development of a hospital.
- Advising a specialist US diabetes centre on the provision of its expertise to a UAE company for the purpose of establishing a number of specialist centres throughout the UAE.