“Norton Rose (Middle East) LLP provides a ‘timely, thoughtful and efficient’ service to a mix of global and regional corporates, sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2012
With over 30 years’ experience in the Middle East, our corporate team advises on the full range of corporate transactions. We provide expert advice to major corporations and financial institutions across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Working closely with our multidisciplinary teams, we provide a full service approach to each corporate mandate and tailor our advice to the needs of our clients. We deliver practical and specialist advice at both the local and regional level, and working closely with our corporate teams around the world, we handle a variety of complex cross-border transactions throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, Latin America, and Central Asia.
Our areas of work include:
- corporate reorganisations
- investment funds
- inward investment
- Islamic finance
- joint ventures
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity transactions
- regulatory advice
Our recent work:
- Advising long standing client Abraaj Capital’s specialist small and medium sized enterprise fund, Riyada Enterprise Development (RED) on its acquisition of a minority stake in Kuwaiti publishing company, Teshkeel Media Group, creators of THE 99, a superhero-based animated TV series targeting children around the world. We advised RED on the terms and structure of its growth capital investment and how it could be affected in a Shariah compliant manner. We also advised on all IP aspects of the transaction.
- Advising Marubeni Corporation on the purchase of a 20 per cent stake from GdF Suez in Ruwais Power Company.
- Advising Qatar Shipping on the US$110 million disposal of Qatar Engineering & Construction Company.
- Advising Mubadala Development Company on its acquisition of a majority stake in Maldives Resort.
- Advising Emerging Markets Telecommunications Services Ltd (EMTS) on its acquisition of a 3G telecommunications licence in Nigeria.
Awards and accolades:
- Private funds law firm of the year, 2011, The DealMakers Law Awards