Mariano T. De Alba Uribe
Mariano De Alba Uribe joined our Caracas office in 2011. His practice focuses on the areas of constitutional, administrative and international law, regulatory legislation, competition law, administrative litigation, exchange controls, anticorruption measures and consumer protection. Prior to joining us, Mr. De Alba Uribe worked as a law clerk and associate with a major local law firm for two years.
Mr. De Alba Uribe studied public international law at The Hague Academy of International Law in 2009, and US legal methods and alternative dispute resolution at the Institute for US Law in 2010. While in law school, he participated in several academic programs, such as the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and the WCL Inter-American Human Rights Moot Court Competition. He is currently an academic assistant in public international law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello.
Year of call
LL.B., Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 2010
Rankings and recognitions
- All-round achievement award, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 2008, 2009 and 2010
Memberships and activities
- Alumni Association of The Hague Academy of International Law
- Alumni Association of the Institute for US Law
- Coach of the team representing Universidad Católica Andrés Bello in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, 2010
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello
- Pro-bono work for the Human Rights Center, 2010
- Teaching assistant in public international law, 2007-2008
- Law School Student Council, 2006-2007
- Vice-President, 2007-2008