Employment and labour
Employment and labour law is a vital aspect of doing business in Kazakhstan for foreign companies. Our Central Asia employment and labour law team assists a number of prominent clients on the full range of employment law matters.
With particular experience across our key industry sectors, our employment lawyers provide expert and commercially minded advice to a range of companies throughout: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
We offer a holistic approach to all of our clients, drawing upon the expertise of our local specialists in: corporate; tax; litigation and dispute resolution; among other practice areas.
Our areas of work include:
- obtaining work permits in different regions of Kazakhstan under a single application (ranging from one person to several hundred at a time)
- mandatory requirements (including the hiring of local staff and investing in training local specialists)
- dispute resolution
- transactional support
- dismissals and redundancy
- grievance and disciplinary procedures
Our recent work:
- Advising VISA International on drafting a standard employment agreement, reviewing and revising of the Employer Handbook
- Advising PFD International on a litigation with respect to the compensation of moral damages and reinstatement at work
- Advising Saybolt-Kazakhstan Ltd on a matter concerning recovery of salaries and bonuses to be paid to the company’s employees
- Advising Kumtor Operating Company on a pending dispute concerning compensation of damage caused owing to the death of the breadwinner and moral damage in amount of $100,000
- Advising PWC on overtime regulation under Kazakhstan labor law
More information on our global employment and labour practice