Intellectual property and technology
“The practice is praised for its ‘deep resources’, and services a large number of multinational companies such as Crabtree & Evelyn, Crocs and Siano Mobile Silicon.”
Legal 500, 2013
Our Hong Kong intellectual property and technology team advises on all aspects of IP prosecution and litigation throughout the Asia Pacific region. Working for a number of major corporations, we offer particular expertise across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Our work in this practice area is multi-jurisdictional and we are often involved in projects which have a high public or political profile. Working with our colleagues throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Middle East, we deliver excellent results in a number of complex cross-border IP disputes and transactions.
- Specialist knowledge in intellectual property, communications, media and technology, ensuring that we are able to provide innovative and cost effective advice throughout Asia
- The benefit of working with a full-service international firm; we work alongside our corporate team on high-profile, IP-rich transactions, and draw upon the expertise of our dedicated litigation and dispute resolution team when handling contentious IP matters throughout Asia
- Advice in English, Mandarin and Cantonese; many of our IP lawyers are trilingual.
Our areas of work include:
- advertising and marketing
- copyright, designs and databases
- communications, media and technology
- data protection and privacy
- intellectual property
- trade marks and brands
Our recent work:
- Managing the ongoing worldwide brand enforcement program and global trade-mark portfolio of the Prudential plc Group across more than 150 countries
- Advising Crabtree & Evelyn on 'look a like' infringing products as well as grey market goods across the Asia market
- Advising the Royal Bank of Canada on its global trade-mark strategy and protection
More information on our global intellectual property practice