Litigation and dispute resolution
Our Paris litigation and dispute resolution team provides a well-rounded service, attracting major names from all industries. As part of our global litigation and dispute resolution group, we can advise on the world’s most complex and commercially sensitive disputes throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We recognise that you will often wish to avoid the time-consuming process of court-action wherever it is possible to do so. Accordingly, we pride ourselves on our expertise in risk and reputation management. We also have an excellent track record in various forms of ADR, including mediation and international arbitration under a variety of rules.
- Particular expertise across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- A strong practice in insurance and reinsurance both on regulatory and litigation aspects.
- Wide experience of litigation and arbitration in Africa, particularly on matters arising from the Uniform Laws promulgated by OHADA (a pan-African organisation promoting the modernisation of business law in Africa). Here, we notably deal with enforcement measures, security interests and commercial rules.
- A strong practice in business ethics and investigations.
- A full-service approach to all disputes, working closely with our local specialist lawyers in the fields of: corporate, M&A and securities; banking and finance; tax; employment and labour; and antitrust and competition.
Our areas of work include:
- domestic and multijurisdictional litigation
- insurance and reinsurance
- international arbitration
- alternative dispute resolution
- arbitration and litigation in the OHADA zone (Africa)
- enforcement proceedings
- insolvency proceedings
- risk management
- business ethics
- international sanctions
More information on our global litigation and dispute resolution practice