Banking and finance
‘Norton Rose LLP fields 50 lawyers and stands out for its superb domestic and international asset finance practice – particularly in aviation, shipping, rail – and renewable energy projects’
Legal 500 EMEA, 2012
Our Paris banking and finance team is considered to be one of the most versatile and consistent practices in the market. Forming an integral part of our global banking and finance group, we provide advice on the full range of domestic and cross-border transactions and financings throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
We advise a number of major French and Foreign banks, export credit agencies (ECAs) and corporate and sovereign entities seeking advice on a range of high profile, big-ticket banking and finance transactions. Working closely with our local colleagues, we deliver a full-service approach to all transactions, drawing upon the capabilities of our teams in: corporate, tax, employment, and litigation and dispute resolution.
- Particular expertise across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- Unrivalled experience of advising clients throughout Asia, the Middle East and Francophone Africa.
- A widely renowned asset finance practice for aviation, rail and shipping; banks, airlines, operating lessors, rail operators and ship owners depend on our multi-jurisdictional experience of lease financings, ECA financings, tax-efficient structures, work-outs, insolvencies and a range of contentious cases.
- An unequalled renewable energy financing, carbon trading and climate change practice.
- Wide recognition for our practice in project finance; our specialists are at the forefront of cutting-edge infrastructure, energy and real estate transactions.
Our areas of work include:
- acquisition finance
- asset finance
- project finance
- public-private partnerships
- refinancing transactions
- structured finance (including significant leveraged buy-outs, public-to-privates, bid financings and investment grade financings)
- syndicated loans.
More information on our global banking and finance practice