Antitrust, competition and regulatory
‘…advice distilled into straightforward nuggets that business people can understand…’
Chambers Europe, 2011
The Paris competition team has established experience in antitrust audits and competition law compliance programs, on-site investigations (or “dawn raids”) by the European Commission and by the French competition authorities. Our practice has a market-wide recognition for its litigation expertise both before the competition authorities and the national and EU courts, and has been involved in several landmark cases, relating among others to anti-generic strategies and distribution quota cases. The team also manages damages claims, litigation concerning restrictive practices (abrupt termination of established commercial relationships, commercial negotiations, etc.) and distribution law. We also have extensive experience in the merger control area, both at EU and national level, in particular multi-filings in several jurisdictions.
Our Paris antitrust, competition and regulatory team plays a crucial role in the firm’s acclaimed pan-European antitrust, competition and regulatory group. As part of the global group, we advise a range of prominent clients on complex cross-border competition law issues throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Working for a number of leading French and international corporates, financial institutions and governmental organisations, we offer clients the benefit of our long experience and excellent regulatory contacts to guide them through the most complex competition issues affecting their businesses across the EU and francophone Africa.
- Cross-border expertise in close cooperation with our antitrust specialists in Brussels, London, Milan and Hong Kong, as well as in Australia, Canada and South-Africa.
- Competition specialists working closely with our local expert corporate, M&A and securities, banking and finance, disputes and litigation and tax teams.
- Particular expertise across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Our areas of work include
- anticompetitive practices (including abuse of dominance and cartel)
- merger control
- audits and compliance programmes
- state aid issues
- regulated sectors.
More information on our global antitrust, competition and regulatory practice