Restructuring and insolvency
‘Sources highlight this team's ability to handle contentious matters, with one saying it is “very successful in challenging positions.” “They have done everything I've asked them to do and done it well and efficiently,” said one client.’
Chambers UK, 2013
The strength of our restructuring and insolvency practice lies in our multidisciplinary and international expertise. We are knowledgeable and experienced in the global restructuring and insolvency market and always deliver commercial advice, tailored to the needs of our clients. Based throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia, our restructuring and insolvency lawyers can handle the most complex and sensitive local and cross-border recoveries across the globe.
We have considerable practical experience dealing with problems that arise when companies face financial difficulties in each of our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
The restructuring and insolvency group comprises acknowledged experts in restructuring, insolvency and insolvency litigation, but is also able to call upon the expertise of specialists in the fields of acquisition finance, aviation, banking, construction, corporate finance, employment, financial services, insurance, intellectual property and technology, Islamic finance, pensions, projects, real estate and tax.
- A full service-approach to every case; we work closely with the relevant specialists and the team typically includes both restructuring partners and partners from other practice groups.
- Experience at the forefront of complex cross-border restructuring and insolvency work and involvement in some of the most newsworthy transactions of this type.
Our recent work:
- Acting for a Coordinating Committee of Banks on the $2.5b financial restructuring of Danaos Corporation, leading international owner of containerships.
- Acting for the US Trustee of Lehman Brothers Inc in Europe and the Far East.
- Advising the administrators on at least AU$120m that has been dissipated through a series of opaque structures into hedge funds in numerous offshore locations.