Environment, safety and planning
Team and market reputation
The environment, safety and planning group consists of a dedicated team of specialist environmental, health and safety and planning lawyers working out of our international offices.
Given the global nature and increasing importance of environmental and health and safety law, these areas (in addition to planning) are becoming an increasing focus of the group’s activities.
The group is already noted for its experience in Chambers and Legal 500 the latter describing the group as “one to watch” this year. Leading experts include Caroline May (Legal 500, Chambers Directory, Guide to the World’s Leading Environmental Lawyers), who heads the London team, Michael Tooma (Chambers Global, Chambers Asia, Best Lawyers), who heads the Asia Pacific team and Richard King, who heads the Canadian team.
Scope of our environment, safety and planning practice
The environment, safety and planning group advises on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters. We offer a 24/7 Global incident response service to clients to assist them in the event of disaster. Our experienced specialists can also proactively assist companies with improving their health safety and environment management systems and with leadership programmes and other training needs.
Our environment, safety and planning specialisations are:
How we add value and create solutions
In addition to technical skill and commercial acumen, our environment, safety and planning lawyers offer:
- experience in the industry of having worked for local government, public sector bodies, regulators and other major players in the legal field;
- expertise in all aspects of national and EU environmental and health and safety regulatory law;
- strong relationships with regulatory bodies and local government;
- a specialist environmental library including subscriptions to specialist periodicals and publications which is supported by a professional support lawyer; and
- membership of relevant trade associations.