Aviation litigation and dispute resolution
‘Sources say: “This is a premier aviation firm with a strong market reputation”.’
Chambers UK, 2012
Aviation dispute resolution is an integral part of our global aviation practice. We deliver accurate, commercial and realistic advice on contentious matters to all of our industry clients whether they are airlines, banks, lessors, airports or underwriters. We understand the pressures and commercial objectives facing the industry and how to negotiate the best possible outcome in all related disputes.
Working throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Middle East we handle a number of the most sensitive and strategically important aviation disputes in the global market, providing expert advice in Court proceedings, arbitration, mediation, expert determination or any other form of dispute resolution.
Our areas of work include:
- aviation accidents (including passenger injury and cargo claims)
- contractual advice
- dispute avoidance
- dispute resolution
- lease default and termination
- mortgage enforcement
- product liability issues
- redelivery disputes
- risk management
- regulatory advice
Our recent work:
- Representing Balli Group Plc and several of its aviation subsidiaries as claimants in highly complex litigation against, amongst others, Mahan Air, the Iranian airline.
- Advising the liquidators of Flightlease Group, the aircraft leasing division of Swissair on all aspects of a liquidation that involved courts in Paris, New York, the Cayman Islands, California, South Africa, Ireland, Switzerland and Guernsey.
- Advising Global Knafaim Leasing Limited (GKL), an aircraft leasing company, in a judicial review of the decision by the CAA (on behalf of Eurocontrol and NATS) and BAA to enforce the statutory fleet lien against GKL for the fleet debts of Zoom Airlines Inc.
- Advising Amentum Capital in London and South Africa on enforcing its rights under both a lease agreement, and the Cape Town Convention against a lessee operator, following a default by the operator, in repossessing an Airbus A330 aircraft at OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg.
- Advising Lufthansa in a dispute against a travel agency relating to the performance of an allocation agreement.
- Representing Guardrisk Insurance Company (via Aveo Risk Services) as the aviation liability insurer of a Namibian based operator on litigation in Windhoek, California and Paris.
Awards and accolades:
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year, 2012, Aviation 100