We understand the importance of sustainably using water and dealing with processed water in the energy and wider natural resources sector. Key developing industries such as coal bed methane in Australia and oil sands in Canada face regulatory, financial and political issues relating to water use. We have experts dealing with these issues.
Our experience in the water sector has been gained by advising on all aspects of developments in the water industry in countries that are facing the biggest challenges in respect of securing water supply. The diversity of our experience reflects the changes in the sector through privatisations, new models of regulation and financing, and increasing internationalisation and privatisation.
Our team is drawn from our global network, and brings together leading practitioners from our project finance, construction and infrastructure, and regulatory practices.
Our experience in advising developers, utility companies, governments, commercial and institutional lenders, export credit agencies, contractors and regulators means we can offer our clients a fully rounded perspective and a wealth of expertise in this sector.
We have been involved in many of the most complex water transactions of recent years and have frequently been involved in the design and application of new techniques in this consistently evolving market. The efficient and sustainable management of water throughout the world will increasingly involve the private sector working in partnership with local government. We are well positioned to advise on this growing sector, with our extensive experience in water infrastructure deals across the globe.
Our understanding of the dynamics of water projects and our capability and experience of advising clients on the commercial structuring and financing of water projects makes us a leading player in the water sector globally.
We have also built specialist expertise in areas particular to the hydro power industry and have a long history of acting on large and small-scale hydroelectric power projects across the globe. Our highly skilled and knowledgeable global energy team is well equipped to advise on all hydro developments irrespective of size, value and complexity.
We offer you
We have a depth and breadth of personnel with the expertise, skills and experience to handle all key water-related matters including:
- development of new infrastructure such as dams, reservoirs and treatment plants
- governance arrangements for water supply authorities
- legal frameworks for water markets and trading
- all manner of water-related contracts and policies, including with respect to permanent and temporary transfers, conversions, leases and options of water entitlements and water allocations, water trading rules, water-ordering protocols, and complex contracts for customised transactions
- policy and regulatory advice in the water sector and interaction with government and regulatory agencies
- competition, trade practices and pricing determination issues
- environment and planning assessment, approvals, licences and on-going compliance
- water pollution incident response and prosecutions.
Middle East Infrastructure Project of the Year 2011 - Muharraq, Sewage treatment project in Bahrain