We believe the size of our shipping and offshore practice and the breadth of our experience is a unique feature which sets us apart from our competitors. We are exceptionally placed to be able to deal with any shipping or offshore related transaction.
We are acknowledged as one of the leading international law firms in shipping and as the only practice which can provide the full range of legal services to the shipping industry, covering not only finance, litigation and commercial shipping contracts but also corporate/M&A, capital markets, securitisation, regulatory, competition/anti trust and taxation work.
The team has a leading reputation in the shipping and offshore industries, evidenced by acting for key industry participants globally. This has given us substantial experience in shipping and offshore related financing, corporate financing, dispute resolution, competition and regulatory, tax and port development and privatisation.
The practice’s unique combination of expertise and the extensive experience gained by advising on offshore projects and financings throughout the world have made Norton Rose the legal adviser of choice in relation to some of the world’s largest offshore matters:
- The practice has acted in the successful financing of a significant number of floating production storage and off-take facilities (FPSO), floating storage and offloading vessels (FSO), floating storage and offloading units (FSRU), LNG carriers and various types of offshore oil and gas drilling/production units. In addition Norton Rose Group has also acted in the successful chartering of offshore oil and gas drilling/production units.
- We have advised on disputes relating to MODU’s, under water installations, EPC contracts, drilling contracts, undersea pipelines, wind farm installation and pollution from offshore installations in many of the key offshore energy jurisdictions around the world.
- In the offshore sector, we offer the full spectrum of services to our clients - including contractual, financial and dispute resolution work in relation to pipe and cable laying vessels, FPSOs, drilling and production rigs and other off-shore production, storage, support or supply units and vessels.
- We are confident that our experience in the key areas of the oil and gas industries, asset and project financing techniques and the shipping industry generally and in relation to the conversion/construction, contracting and financing of offshore drilling/production units, FPSOs/FSOs/FSRUs/LNG carriers and other offshore vessels and related infrastructure is significantly greater than our competitors. As a major international law practice we are also able to provide advice in relation to such ancillary areas as may be relevant to your projects and to provide this service to you locally through individuals with directly relevant experience, but with access to a wider knowledge base within the practice as a whole.
- Through our significant experience in the legal aspects of climate change, we are also able to advise on all aspects relating to shipping emissions and marine bunkering (including the small scale LNG supply chain).
What we offer you
- Over 100 specialist shipping lawyers who understand local market issues and speak local languages across the globe
- A unique, market-leading, full-service practice
- Wide-ranging experience in all areas of the shipping finance industry
- 200 years of experience