‘Sources comment that “they are solid and knowledgeable experts, with great transactional experience.”’
Chambers UK, 2013
Our global corporate team, of close to 1000 lawyers, delivers seamless and commercial advice to a range of market leading and growth corporations and financial institutions throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; energy; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
We have extensive international coverage across Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central Asia and can also cover a wide range of US corporate law, drawing upon the capabilities of our in-house US qualified lawyers based throughout Europe, Hong Kong and Canada.
We advise on the full spectrum of corporate and commercial work, particularly highly complex domestic, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Our areas of work include:
- asset management
- corporate advisory and governance
- equity capital markets
- investment funds
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity
- US corporate finance
Our recent work:
- Advising Allied Gold Mining Plc on its £360 million recommended takeover by St Barbara Limited. Allied Gold became a wholly owned subsidiary of St. Barbara, with current St Barbara shareholders owning 67 per cent and Allied Gold shareholders owning 33 per cent, of the new group. This deal created a global mining company worth over AUS $1 billion
- Advising oil and gas company OMV on its €247.9million acquisition of a 20 per cent stake in the Edvard Grieg oil field development from RWE Dea
- Advising Lloyds Bank on the sale of its rail operating leasing business, including pan-European lessor CBRail and the Stansted Express fleet
- Advising ArcelorMittal on its C$590 million all-cash takeover bid for Canadian iron ore mining and exploration company Baffinland Iron Mines Corporation with joint offerer Nunavut Iron Ore Acquisition Inc.
- Advising ValueAct Capital® on its proposed joint offer with CVC Capital Partners Limited for Misys Plc, a leading application software and services provider, with a market capitalisation of £1.1 billion ValueAct Capital® was the largest shareholder in Misys Plc.
- Advising Domtar Corporation on its €180 million acquisition of Attends Europe from Rutland Partners and Attends management
- Advising Delta Air Lines, Inc. in relation to the proposed US$360 million acquisition of a 49 per cent stake in Virgin Atlantic from Singapore Airlines. The transaction also involves a proposed transatlantic joint venture agreement between Delta and Virgin Atlantic and a revised brand licence with the Virgin Group
- Advising BP Plc on the sale of its LPG bottle and tank filling businesses in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, South Africa, Poland, China, Turkey and Austria and its non-refinery integrated wholesale business. The sale involves all of BP's remaining LPG bottle and tank filling operations. BP is the last of the oil supermajors to dispose of its LPG bottling operations, Shell having disposed of its remaining operations in 2011
- Advising Barclays on the combination of the majority of its African operations with Absa Group. The proposed transaction will be effected by way of an acquisition by Absa Group of Barclays Africa Limited for a consideration of 129,540,636 Absa Group shares, representing a value of ZAR18.3 billion (approximately GBP1.3 billion). As a result of the transaction, Barclays’ stake in Absa Group will increase from 55.5 per cent to 62.3 per cent
- Advising Royal Bank of Canada and its global wealth division RBC Wealth Management, on the acquisition of the Latin American, Caribbean and African private banking business of Coutts, the wealth division of Royal Bank of Scotland Group