“The (team) has a strong structured finance practice, with particular experience in emerging markets”
Chambers & Partners 2011
“Norton Rose gains significant recognition for its dedicated structured trade and commodity finance practice. The firm has an excellent track record in advising financial institutions involved in core emerging markets, particularly in Africa and Eastern Europe. Transactions involving Islamic finance issues are also an area of expertise”
Chambers UK 2010
Norton Rose’s team of commodities lawyers is based in offices across Europe, the Asia Pacific region (including Australia), Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Kazakhstan, making us ideally placed to meet your global business needs in this constantly evolving industry.
International commodity and agricultural producers, traders, banks and financial institutions involved in commodities value our industry expertise, in particular, in relation to agriculture, minerals and metals and energy (oil and gas).
The commodity law team focuses on corporate agribusiness transactions, regulation, trade and export finance, (we have advised on a number of the most significant global transactions in this area), as well as considerable expertise in trade related disputes (including charterparties, cargo and bills of lading, insurance claims, ship arrests and affreightment disputes).
Our considerable experience with commodity and trade associations, including GATFA (The Grain and Feed Trade Association), RSA/SAL (The Refined Sugar Association/The Sugar Association of London) and FOSFA International (Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations), means we are familiar with trade associations’ standard contract terms.
Commodities law - we offer you
- unmatched global reach with unrivalled experience in emerging and transitional markets
- specialist industry expertise in agriculture, mining and metals and energy
- multi-jurisdictional expertise in major trade and export finance deals
- a successful track record in related dispute resolution
- familiarity with important international trade associations and regulations
Commodities law - awards & recognition
- Global Trade Finance Law Firm of the Year 2011 (Trade Finance Magazine)
- Best Trade Finance Law Firm in Asia 2009 - 2011 (Trade Finance Magazine)
- Tier 1 - Trade Finance (Legal 500)
- Band 1 - Commodities (Chambers & Partners)