‘Market commentators unanimously agree that this firm is a leading figure in asset finance.’
Chambers Europe, 2012
Our global asset finance team is widely regarded as a leader in complex domestic and cross-border asset financings throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
Our award winning team advises clients on all major classes of asset and type of structure, with particular strength in the transport sector. As a core focus for our firm, we combine our strong financing expertise with an in depth knowledge of the transport sector, delivering an expert service to shipping, aviation and rail clients across the globe.
We remain the only practice with market leading strength in each of the aviation, shipping and rail sectors. We continue to be involved in the financing of every form of transportation worldwide. We are working closely with our clients to assist in the development of new and innovative legal and financing structures and techniques using our market leading expertise and experience in all forms of finance.
- A track record of innovation, combining asset and acquisition financing techniques to provide specialist advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- Protection from unacceptable obligations and liabilities through our advice on the purchase, financing and leasing stages.
- The benefit of working with a multidisciplinary international legal practice; we can draw upon the expertise of our global specialists in corporate, capital markets, tax, and other practice areas, to deliver a full-service approach to each client.
- Guidance in establishing leasing structures that allow for both tax and public sector accounting benefits.
Our areas of work include:
- Cross-border leasing
- Domestic and international tax
- Export Credit Agency (ECA) supported financing
- Structured asset and debt financing
- Structured and operating leasing
- Security arrangements
- Transaction structuring
Our recent work:
- A cross practice team across London, Singapore and Amsterdam advised PT Arpeni, Indonesia’s largest shipping company, on the restructuring of their various facilities for existing and newbuild vessels, their working capital facilities, their conventional and Islamic bonds and certain unwound derivatives contracts. It is believed to be among the most complicated restructurings in the history of modern shipping.
- Advising LOT Polish Airlines on the US Ex-Im backed financing of 5 new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, including capital markets flexibility for an ‘Eximbond’ refinancing.
- Advising on the restructuring of the Stansted Express financing in connection with the sale of Lloyds TSB Bank plc’s rail portfolio to Macquarie Group.
Awards and accolades:
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year, 2012, Airline Economics
- Legal House of the Year, 2012, 2011, 2010, Jane’s Transport Finance
- Most Innovative Deal of the Year, 2011 Airfinance Journal Awards
- Asset Finance Legal Provider of the Year, 2011, Leasing Life Awards