Acquisition and leveraged finance
Our global acquisition and leveraged finance team advises a number of prominent financial institutions and global corporations on the full range of financing issues. Working seamlessly across the globe, we provide expert advice on both domestic and complex cross-border transactions throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
With particular expertise across our key industry sectors, we have developed a strong reputation for advising clients active in the fields of: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
- A combination of strong market awareness, commercial drive, sector expertise and years of experience; marking us out from other legal practices in this field.
- Experience in advising major banks and other debt providers, corporate borrowers, financial advisers and private equity sponsors on all forms of acquisition and leveraged finance.
- The benefit of working with a multidisciplinary international legal practice; we can collaborate with our global experts in corporate, capital markets, Islamic finance, M&A, private equity, and other practice areas, to deliver a full-service to all of our clients.
Our areas of work include:
- Bid financings
- Corporate led acquisitions
- Exit financings
- Hybrid instruments
- Investment grade financings
- Leveraged buy-outs (LBOs)
- PIK debt
- Private equity
- Senior debt
- Trade purchases
- Warranted and warrantless mezzanine.
Our recent work:
- Advising ANZ Banking Group, Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation, and Rabobank on the US$1.3 billion and A$600 million syndicated loan facilities to Wilmar International Limited for its acquisition of Sucrogen Limited from CSR Limited.
- Advised AXA on the £2.8 billion disposal of its UK life insurance business to Resolution, including advising on the vendor financing arrangements.