Infrastructure, mining and commodities
“Norton Rose is one of the top-tier firms, and the lawyers have a reputation for really getting their hands dirty.”
Chambers & Partners Global 2011
Accessing commodities in a shrinking world
Our experience in infrastructure, mining and minerals and commodities covers every market and region of the world. Our teams practise across a broad spectrum of disciplines, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law, debt finance, environmental law, aboriginal law, litigation, international arbitration, international trade, corporate governance, construction, real estate and intellectual property.
- Infrastructure: Our leading reputation in the international infrastructure sector means we play a role in almost every major project around the world, including projects involving significant development finance. We also have an outstanding reputation in the construction and engineering sector, and can advise on all aspects infrastructure projects including transportation, water and waste projects, telecommunications and mining infrastructure and all aspects of social accommodation.
- Mining: Our lawyers have experience of acting on mining transactions in almost every country in the world and are known for the outstanding quality of their industry knowledge. We have advised on some of the largest and most innovative mining deals in recent years, and are the only law firm with an ability to list and merge companies in each of ASX, TSX, LSE, AIM, JSE and HKSE. We also have a specialist team dealing with the surge in Chinese, Japanese and Korean finance into mining deals.
- Commodities and Agribusiness: We advise clients involved in every stage of the commodities cycle from production and financing through to distribution. We act for a range of financial institutions, commodity producers, traders and corporates. Our lawyers are renowned for their expertise in a variety of structured commodity products, including soft commodities, oil and gas and metals.
- award-winning expertise in finance - using hybrid finance, conventional project finance and Shariah-compliant structures
- a global PFI/PPP team with experience of the most complex of infrastructure projects
- world-class mining specialists based in offices across all of the main mining markets
- expertise in the China-Africa mining and minerals axis, drawing on a 15-year track record in Africa and more than 30 years in China
- commodities specialists with considerable emerging markets experience
Top tier rankings
Chambers UK 2012
Chambers United Kingdom 2011
Mining & Minerals
Global-wide - Chambers Global 2012
Africa-wide - Chambers Global 2012
Chambers South Africa 2012
Chambers Russia 2012
Chambers Venezuela 2012
Legal 500 United Kingdom 2011
Legal 500 South Africa 2011
Global Mining Law Firm of the Year 2010
Who’s Who Legal