Public procurement and PPP
The private-public partnerships concept, originally pioneered in the UK, has found many followers in other countries including the Czech Republic.
Our Prague team has extensive experience in the field of public procurement and PPP. We are one of the founding members of the PPP Association and have been helping to shape public opinion in the Czech Republic through participation in public debate at PPP conferences. We also advise public bodies and private clients on a variety of public procurement processes or specific public procurement issues.
In providing local and cross-border advice, we can draw upon the expertise of our global specialists in public procurement and PPP throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia. Clients also benefit from the experience of our local experts in competition, banking and finance, corporate, and other multidisciplinary practice areas.
Our areas of work include:
- bid preparation support
- competition dialogues
- dealing with objections, disputes and litigations relating to public tenders and PPP
- management of public procurement tenders
- state aid issues
- support relating to all phases of PPP projects
Our recent work:
- Advising the Ministry of Transport on numerous issues relating to the project of establishing an electronic fee collection system in the Czech Republic and in connection with disputes relating thereto
- Advising the Ministry of Transport on the European Law aspects of procurement process in relation to the e-toll system procurement
- Advising a consortium (HSBC/Komerční banka) on its appeal in relation to the tender for the adviser to the National Property Fund in respect of the privatisation of Český Telecom, a.s.
More information on our global public procurement and PPP practices