Litigation and dispute resolution
“Norton Rose v.o.s., advokátní kancelář has ‘highly professional’ team and has ‘profound knowledge and experience’. It focuses on corporate and commercial disputes, including competition and insolvency.”
Chambers Europe, 2012
Our Prague litigation and dispute resolution team is regarded as a leader in local and cross-border disputes, working closely with our contentious lawyers throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
With a focus on our key industry sectors, we advise a range of prominent Czech and international clients from the fields of: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
In addition to advising on litigation and arbitration matters, our Prague team has helped a number of clients reach a range of successful settlements. We provide a complete legal service to all of our clients, offering them the benefit of our multidisciplinary teams in corporate, banking and finance, intellectual property / information technology, competition, and other practice areas.
Our areas of work include:
- alternative dispute resolution (including arbitration and mediation)
- conducting or supporting commercial settlement negotiations
- dispute avoidance and risk management
- interim procedures (including injunctions)
- international arbitration
Our recent work:
- Representing Sandoz, a member of Novartis Group, in patent litigation proceedings initiated against Sandoz by a global pharmaceutical company, in respect of infringements of patent rights and in respect of protection against unfair competition including defence against a preliminary injunction in relation to several pharmaceutical products
- Representing Freeport Leisure Plc in arbitration proceedings and in settlement proceedings with a Czech construction company in respect of Freeport Outlet Centre in Hatě, Czech Republic
- Representing Komerční banka, a.s in connection with a major letter of credit litigation, fraud and asset tracing across multiple jurisdictions, including litigation in the Czech Republic, Austria, England and the Republic of Ireland
More information on our global litigation and dispute resolution practice