Yufei Luo’s practice focuses on representing Chinese clients investing in Canada’s resource sector, specifically Chinese corporate law, securities law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance and banking. She is qualified to practise Chinese law and travels to China several times a year to meet with clients.
Ms. Luo provides strategic advice to clients and serves their needs at every stage of business. She has been involved in many Chinese/Canadian transactions, primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and public market financings.
Ms. Luo was previously employed by another major Canadian law firm and was an associate of King & Wood’s Guangzhou office. She represented many clients in various industries such as mining, clean tech, life science, forestry, husbandry, petroleum, manufacturing, banking and commercial real estate.
Ms. Luo is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Year of call
People's Republic of China 2007
LL.M., Sun Yat-sen University, 2006
B.A., Beijing Foreign Studies University, 2000
Selected client work
Prior to joining our Ottawa office, Ms. Luo acted for:
- One of the largest nickel producers in China regarding relevant corporate and arbitration matters in Canada
- A Chinese state-owned energy group in its proposed acquisition of coal assets in British Columbia
- A Chinese manufacturing company in its qualifying transaction and listing on TSX Venture Exchange
- A Canadian financial corporation in connection with a listing transaction of a Chinese food company on TSX Venture Exchange
- A Canadian real property fund in the proposed fundraising activities in China
Memberships and activities
- Hong Kong Canada Business Association
- Guangzhou Bar Association